Antibiotics....what if?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Antibiotics....what if?

Postby MelanieW » Tue May 11, 2010 5:37 pm

IF and I said IF I test positive for h.pylori, do the breath test and it is positive, etc., how long off c.diff meds have people been successful in taking antibiotics with a relapse/reoccurrence? As you know the treatment for h.pylori is a LOT of ABs....I'm worried.
Melanie

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Calm down !!! If and I mean if you need Ab's, Then print off the list of Antibiotics in the FAQ section and discuss your concerns with your Doctor. The last thing that the MD will want to do is set you up for a relapse.

Fire

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks Fire....you are right! Did I read on here that you had h. pylori at one time or a remedy for it or something??
Melanie

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Yes, I did. The accident where I split the entire top of my knee cap in a gutter full of raw, fresh cow manure started the nightmare. The Doc's in all good faith started shoving as much Cipro and Rocephin down my throat until they blinded me with Optical migraines. The massive use of antibiotics wiped out everything including the H-pylori and the rest is history

Fire

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Wed May 12, 2010 12:22 pm

ONCE AGAIN, WORRIED FOR NOTHING!! H.pylori test is NEGATIVE!! YAY!! I've really gotta get a grip on my nerves! :-)
Melanie

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”