fatigue and nausea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MelanieW
Regular Contributor

fatigue and nausea

Postby MelanieW » Sun May 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I am experiencing extreme fatigue to the point that I can't walk around much without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I have also had constant nausea the last 2 days. Am I relapsing or is this IBS?
Melanie

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 pm

I am not a Dr. so I can't diagnose you but I can tell you I never had nausea with C-Diff but did have crushing fatigue. I have also had nausea and extreme fatigue with a stomach virus and perhaps you have a touch of something? Maybe a little Pepto would help the nausea. If you are not feeling better tommorow perhaps a call to your Dr. Is in order. I hope you feel better. I wish I could help you more than just speculate.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Fatigue can be many things but you should expect to be fatigued for a while because fightning a major illness is tough on the body. I consider myself a tough dude but missed 2 workouts this week(back on vanco again) and need pain pills as I have MAJOR gut pain these last two relapses. I would not be working without help. Lunesta is an awesome sleep aid for me as well, way better than Ambien. It may not be a relpase or IBS, just your body trying to get healthy.

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:47 pm

There you are Jeff! I just posted a MIA cause you haven't been around lately and I was wondering how you are doing...

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:37 pm

I guess everyone is different. Nausea was always my first indication of a relapse. I agree with pwood - call your doctor and explain what you are feeling. Maybe they will order a blood test or something. I know a lot of people here in CA have had stomach flu symptoms - so here there is something going around. Maybe it is just a virus. After c diff it seems like we are more sucepible to catching stuff like that.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”