MIA's where are you?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
pwood62
Regular Contributor

MIA's where are you?

Postby pwood62 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Has anyone heard from Jeff? I know he was in another relapse but it is odd not to hear from him. I pm'd him but no response. How about Crystal? I fret when my fellow C-Differs don't check in...

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun May 02, 2010 8:24 pm

been here since 07 :(

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:18 am

Is that you VikingJeff? Did you change your handle?

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 am

Roy- It could be that some of the MIA's just need a break from thinking or talking about cdiff for awhile. When you live it it easily becomes an overwhelming obsession. At times you just have to back away and regroup and BREATHE without dwelling on all the gory details of this disease in order to keep your whits about you.
Cindy

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 am

I agree with you Cindy-I feel like I'm at that point.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:21 am

Yep, that is original Vike, I am still fighting and kicking! Doing two vanco a day now for remainder of week, then to 1 then pulse again. I added Culturelle to Florastor and am looking at something else a poster PM'd me as well.

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Tue May 25, 2010 1:17 am

I am regretfully one of those who took a break from this site, I needed to at one point.
I am still a C differ, been pulsing 1 pill every 3 days since last year? For the most part I canactually not think about it ,unlike last year its all I lived and breathed.

I still have set backs, days where things out of nowhere get "iffy" but for the most part, I am "controlling it" instead of it controlling me. It took a long time to get to this state of mind. I will try to pop in at least weekly, I think maybe I can help some who are new here and scared ect. Maybe a few here can still help me too , I am not sure there are many(I know of at least one here who is /has been taking it for years) who have been on Vanco as long as I have,and I do have questions about that at times!

Hugs, I hope all here are fine and wish alot of healing to those suffering still.

~Sue
Hoping for a cure.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Guys!

I am sorry to say that I am also one of the ones that has been MIA for a while now. At first I did kind of need a break from the site for a while but, then things just got really busy for me. I am sorry that I havent been on for a while I am going to do my best to check in a little more often! I am here for all of you, I am only a PM away!! I am also going to update the "google alerts" right now!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 pm

I have been here alive and well wish i could be on more not had any recurrence since 07 however not a day passes with this dreaded affliction does not cross my mind and Godspeed to all

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 am

Heather,
We all need "a break" from the site now and then. The longer I work on this site (10 years), the harder I find it to post often.

Thanks for your work on updating info.

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

Some evil genius sent a virus to my computer so it is fried and I can rarely post anymore. I am alive and well though!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 am

Suezer- Glad you are doing well on the every three day program. I am still on vanco low dosage and keep trying to work my way down but each and everytime I have some medical problem which requires yet another antibiotic. I have been on some dosage of vanco now since 2001 and recently had my blood tested to see if I had any absorption and I do not thank goodness. Hang in there!
Cindy

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”