Food

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Food

Postby MelanieW » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm

OK, I am 11 days post meds....stay hungry! What are/were you guys eating and drinking at this point in post-treatment? I'm ready for some real food but a little scared!
Melanie

Laura Putnam
New User

Postby Laura Putnam » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm

I am still relatively new at this too, and still nervous about venturing out in the food department. I love veggies, but haven't had anything raw yet. Spinich and sweet potatoes have given me a lot of problems, so basically I stick with carrots, peas, and greeen beans. For fruit, I haven't had anything but cantaloupe and bananas. I have recently incorporated chocolate, in small doses. As far as drinks, I have sweet tea, lemonade, water, Propel, and lactose-free milk. Very minimal juice and coffee. Both give me problems. I eat tons of chicken, some fish, and turkey burgers. I am dying for prime rib with horseradish sauce!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

If you are not having cooked vegetables, you could introduce them one at a time. I puree mine - have made split pea soup, carrot with celery and potato soup. I also can eat cooked artichoke, asparagus. Avocado is ok for me. Broccoli gave me problems. The only fruit I have had is baked apple and applesauce. Am going to try something else soon. Last time I tried, bananas did not agree, so maybe I will try watermelon or cantaloupe. I have no problems with red meat and never had during the entire c diff ordeal. I guess everyone is different. Whatever you introduce, do one new thing per day, not more or you won't know what is causing problems if anything does.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 pm

This is where my GI's opinion differs. He firmly believes in the see it, want it, eat it diet. If it causes a problem, then make a mental note to try it again at a later date. The variety of different nutrients is what the body is used to. Yes, I did enjoy prime rib with horseradish with no issues. My only problem is that I ate too much. I couldn't stand the baby food type stuff.

Remember that we are all different in how we react.

Fire

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”