Well, very bad day today

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Well, very bad day today

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Tons of D and pain, hope the vanco kicks in soon, started at 5:00 last night. I am frustrated, depressed, angry, you all know all the emotions. Tired of hurting. My GI called and is trying to get me into ID doc and said he wanted stool sample, I said trust me, it is C diff, I have had 5 times now and with so many false negatives can we just treat the symptoms now as I am doing? They are supposed to call me back. Meanwhile a nurse from Aetna's disease management is calling me at 2:00 and I am going to aske her about infusion. Thanks for listening!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 pm

We're in the same boat Jeff. I couldn't go to work today. Bm after every meal and then some. My test from yesterday was negative. I'm waiting to hear back from GI and will start vanco today. He is trying to get permission to do a colonoscopy stool transfer. I lost 3 pounds in the last two days. I'm feeling all the emotions that you are. The vanco takes about 4 days to kick in. It seems like each relapse it takes a little longer. Are you taking 4 a day? I started with 3 last time and it was not enough, so I increased it to 4 and it worked.

Good luck. Let us know how you progress and I will do the same.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Yes Beth, it is (4) 125's a day. THis worked well last time and I forget it takes days to kick in. I have been at least 30 times today and the burning pain in the gut. My GI called back and is referring me to ID doc and they want to do sig-flex. I have never had one of those(plenty of colonoscopies). Nurse said only have to do enema and they will put me out? Is that the way they go? Sorry you are suffering, if I knew there was an end to it, easier to take. I am sure you know what I mean.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 pm

I have never been put out for the sigmoidoscopies. I usually just chat with the doctor. It is not bad. The only bothersome thing is that they put air into you so that they can see - ask them to take it back out when they exit - they can do that too and it is better. I know what you mean about there being an end in sight.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Just heard back from my GI. He told me to start the vanco today - not waiting for any more results, as the symptoms are there. Hopefully I can go to work tomorrow.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm sorry you guys are relapsing. I know the feeling, fighting one myself.
I'll be praying.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

You will get better....

Postby Kathy George » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Jeff, So very sorry to hear that you had another relapse. I know how discouraging it can be, but one day you will get better and be free of C-Diff. For some of us, it's trial and error on what meds really work for us. I will keep you in my prayers.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”