sinus infection

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Karien
Regular User

sinus infection

Postby Karien » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Has anyone used a corticosteroid (steroid) spray like Flixonase for a sinus infection?

I have had a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks now and wanted to try the spray, but I am a little worried that it will have an adverse reaction. I am also taking Echinacea and Goldenseal and use the sinus rinse, which seems to help a little.

I had a bad case of CDiff for a couple of years and ABS is not an option, unless I really have to.

I appreciate any input you can give me

Thanks!
Karien

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:09 pm

I use Nasacort AQ when I get a cold. My doctor said it is ok as I can't take decongestants and Afrin only can be used for a few days. I've also used it for allergies. I haven't had any bad effects, except it can be a little drying on the tissues.

Karien
Regular User

sinus infection

Postby Karien » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 am

thanks beth

the infection seems to have improved with the steroid spray. Always worried I have to use ABS!
Karien

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”