Olive Leaf Extract kills gut flora?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jaredkep
New User

Olive Leaf Extract kills gut flora?

Postby jaredkep » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:54 am

Im currently tapering with vanco and almost done and am hoping this c diff will be gone. From all the antibiotics i have been prescribed they have caused me to have ringworm in multiple areas on my body.Antifungal creams have kept them somewhat under control but havent killed them off.So i started taking Olive Leaf Extract in pill form 150mg a day because this is supposed to kill bad fungus. but.........from what i read it also is a antibiotic. So is this killing the good bacteria in my stomach that i put in everyday by the probiotics i take? If i do get rid of c diff can an herb thats a antibiotic cause c diff to come back? I know this is a c diff forum im just desperate for a cure for the ringworm on my body and dont want to be taking something thats causing more problems. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
Diagnosed with C Diff June 7th, 2009

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

I too have heard the oil can be a very strong antibiotic, not sure how that could effect the Cdiff. If you search the site you will read different opinions about the benefits and risks. Really, I'm not sure what to tell you, but I will warn you that many natural remedies can be very hard on the stomach. I over did it with a couple of supplements. Actually, before this last relapse I took a digestive aid in a large quantity and couple days later relapse. I have no idea if the supplement contributed. Maybe chat with your Dr or even a qualified natural path.

Brittany
Regular User

Postby Brittany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:40 pm

I took olive leaf capsules in massive amounts when I first noticed signs of a bladder infection coming on. I've been over c diff for 5 months after a 9 month battle with it, and I did not relapse after taking the olive leaf. Nobody's body is the same in regards to c diff, but I know it helps to hear that people have taken it and not relapsed. Good luck to you!
Brittany

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

jaredkep
New User

Postby jaredkep » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks for the replys guys, I appreciate it.
Diagnosed with C Diff June 7th, 2009

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”