BioK and Fiber

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

BioK and Fiber

Postby Mommy23 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:24 am

Just wondering if anyone has used BioK and found it useful. I quit using all my probiotics because they really don't seem to make any difference. I'll probably start them again just to see if I have improvement after not using them for a period of time.

Also in regards to fiber...Do any of you use supplements or increase your diet with foods rich in fiber? I know there are some benefits as fiber feeds the healthy bacteria. On the other hand fiber can contribute to gas and bloating.
It is frustrating because I've been told some many different things from different Dr's. One will say don't bother with probiotics or don't eat fiber and the other Dr will tell me something that contradicts.
At this point it really doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I deal with the same symptoms on a daily basis on or off the medicine.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm

During and after cdiff, fiber has been a problem for me. It pushes me into D very easily. I am sorry, because prior to cdiff I always ate a lot of fiber and liked it. I never tried BioK.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks Nancy, I guess it is different for everyone.

pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm

hey, Ive tried Biok+ probably twice (each box has I think 15 or so bottles of the drink), and ummmmmmm Im not too sure how helpful it has been for me. I would say it probably helped a bit if anything, or maybe it did help but I just didnt notice. Anyways, for the price of BioK+ you could get alot of other different probtiotics which are cheaper (the BioK+ was like $40-50 for each box). I probably wont buy it again to be honest, probably try something else soon. By the way, there are soy and diary types, and I tried both, so you have that option if you dont agree with dairy.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks for your reply, pleasehelp. I'll probably just stick with the probiotics I'm taking.

Brittany
Regular User

Postby Brittany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm

I took BioK+ for about 6 months straight during my battle with c diff. I relapsed every time. This doesn't mean it won't work for you though! There are testimonials from people who say it brought them back from the brink of death. I just couldn't justify spending all that money on a product that wasn't doing the trick for me.
Brittany

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”