Consumer Lab's review of probiotics

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
pam2738
Regular Contributor

Consumer Lab's review of probiotics

Postby pam2738 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 pm

I just read the Consumer Lab's latest review of probiotics & thought I would post here that Culturelle & the Metagenics product both have far less of active cultures than are advertised by those companies. I never took the Metagenics but I know that a lot of people like that company. I did take Culturelle when I had active Cdiff & have been taking it ever since. I will finish off what I have but won't buy anymore.

Florastor came out very well. Unfortunately VSL#3 was not reviewed. Too bad. I would really like to know if it contains what it says it does.

Pam

chrissy72
Regular User

Postby chrissy72 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Do you have a link for the results?

I take American Health chewable acidophillous and I was wondering how well they did

Bobbie
Administrator

Consumer Lab Report

Postby Bobbie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 pm

See preceding post in same forum for Consumer Lab's report on probiotics for hyperlink.
Also copied in FAQ-Probiotics.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”