This is one stubborn disease!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

This is one stubborn disease!

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:03 am

Weds. I started one Xifaxin a day for next two weeks. Wellll, this morning I passed some mucous, not a lot of pain though. So, over the weekend I am going back up to 3 pills a day until I call the doc Monday just to see what he wants to do. Until then, I carry on....

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:05 am

Sorry to hear that, you seemed to be doing really well! Maybe its just a minor set back! I agree, this sometimes seems impossible to beat...

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:17 am

I just PRAISE GOD that so far this time it is at least manageable and I have been able to work, work out, etc. The first two times around that was impossible. If I can stay on top of it and not let it get out of hand like the first time maybe it won;t be so bad, I hope. The first time, not knowing what I had, I fought it for 3-5 days thiking it was stomach bug or something and I went south quickly.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks Roy. I have learned a lot from this site over the last year. I have learned to manage the sickness by reading all your stories and getting good input and have good questions along the way to ask my doc. If it comes to it, does anyone know the closest place to Tampa, FL that performs the fecal infusion or would I need to go to Duluth? I told my 81 year old Dad to be my donor as he said he can never remember having a stomach ache in his life! The movie Unbreakable quickly cam to mind....

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”