Infusion

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
cazza
Regular User

Infusion

Postby cazza » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi all

I am having an infusion at the end of November. I have had ongoing symptoms since getting cdiff in 2007.

I will provide an update after the infusion to let you know how i am going.

over the last two years i have had a few antibiotics to treat the infection but it keeps coming back.

wish me luck

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Good luck! As you know, infusions have a very high success rate, so I certainly hope that you too are one of the success stories. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:27 pm

I did the Home Infusion Method in March of this year which was very successful. It seems that the Infusion Methods do have a high success rate. Good luck to you and keep us updated!!!

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Cazza,
How are the infusions going? Keep us posted!

cazza
Regular User

well it's three days post infusion

Postby cazza » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Am having some diarrhea today.

I hope it has worked and this is just an iffy day.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Hopefully you are just having a bad day, apparently there is quite a war going on between the good/bad bacteria. Keep us posted. I found a ID who might be willing to do the NG tube, so I'd love to hear your results.

cazza
Regular User

7 days after infusion

Postby cazza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

It's now about a week since infusion. Am doing ok have had some scary moments.

Will keep you all posted so you know what to expect.

They did advise me that instant and perfect results straight away aren't the norm. You have to give it time to take full effect.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Cazza,
I'm sure things take awhile to settle. I will pray that you will continue to see improvement. Thanks for checking in with us.

lola
New User

Postby lola » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 pm

cazza,
Just to let you know, I had an infusion (via colonoscopy) which wasn't immediately successful. I was wondering, like you, if it had worked or not. As I recall it took maybe two-three weeks before it settled in.
Unfortunately, after 2+ months of normalcy, I did just last week have a relapse. I am considering another transplant, via ng tube, among other options such as vanco & rifampin chaser.
Best wishes to you,
Lola

cazza
Regular User

update

Postby cazza » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Well it is now nearly 7 weeks post infusion and my symptoms are enormously better. It did take a few weeks to settle down as others have said.

I am going once a day, no pain none of the horrible fatigue periods i had before. I am crossing my fingers and praying that this continues.

I am so glad i listened to the nurse that it could take a few weeks to settle.

Lola that is so discouraging that you had a relapse. Is there anything you did that brought it on like taking antibiotics.

I have to have antibiotics this friday for minor surgery so am hoping that won't cause an issue.

I will up the probiotics for it.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”