I knew it was going to well

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

I knew it was going to well

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 pm

10 months of bliss is crashing down. I have battled some D last few weeks. Stomach got that all too familiar cramping last couple of days. Mucus has shown up in D as well. I went to ER and they said bloodwork looked great, gave me prescrip for flagyl and took a sample(I know you really need three). Well as luck would have it I called my GI and he said come see him in an hour(He is so good to me). At very least it is colitis again so I will see what he does. Say a prayer for me brothers and sisters. I have not been on any antibiotics at all, taken all my probiotics as well and was doing great. Oh well, I will knock it out again!

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I will keep you in my prayers! Remember the likelihood of relapsing at 10 months out without antibiotic use is less then 1%. I would highly doubt it is c diff. Did you already begin the Flagyl? Hopefully you can hold off that unless they are 100% sure it is c diff as you hate to undo all you have done over the past 10 months. I will be thinking about you. Let us know how your appt goes.

Amanda

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Jeff,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! It seems as though you have a wonderful attitude about things. That is wonderful, having a positive attitude about things helps both the mind and the body. I wish you nothing but the best. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

sangeeta
Regular User

Postby sangeeta » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:31 pm

I am praying it is not c.diff and will pass. Please take care!

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 pm

I have been cdiff free for a couple years and I still get the occasional cramps , smelly stool and mucus.. it last a couple days and goes away.. I deal with it.. anything is better than the 3 years of hell I had with c diff! I can take a couple days a month of this any day!
Feel better

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”