elevated pancreatic enzymes

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:46 am

I tried to contact Sandy as you recommended Karen, but she hasn't answered, so I assume she doesn't check in much anymore. So, if anyone else has experience with taking pancreatic enzymes, please let me know. I'm supposed to start something called Creon 5. It is a low dose to start. The information on the bottle says it can cause D*, nausea and upset stomach. I'm a little nervous about doing this, but I guess I should try it. The MRI didn't show any tumors, thankfully and the specific cancer tests were negative. The amylase was in normal range, but the lipase was still elevated, but not as high as before. Don't know about all the other tests yet, as the GI never called me back. These other tests the internist ran and got back to me about. I still haven't gained even one pound and all my skin just kind of hangs there and sags, like someone twenty years older. I think it is where I once had fat and now it is gone. Very depressing. I keep wondering if I'll ever get even halfway back to normal.

Sandy, if you do check in, I sent you a pm. I'd love to hear from you.

Beth

dawnie31
Contributor

Postby dawnie31 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 am

hello beth,

I took Creon5 and it simply does nothing for me, my symptoms did not worsen while taking creon, no extra D nor pain than I already had, but they did not improve neither. In france, Creon is used as a medecine just to improve your digestion when you eat a little too much or too greasy and it is sold without prescription by your doc everyone can purchase it, a bit like aspirin....

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”