After-Effects...

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
CDiffMommy
Regular User

After-Effects...

Postby CDiffMommy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to check in and also get some thoughts...
I am 8 months off vanco....doing well, feeling well mostly (have my episodes but chalked it up to PI-IBS). I recently had many tests done from my GI to rule out any other issues and pending one last test, it looks like it might just be PI IBS.
I can't help but be puzzled though. My most recent episode was one month ago. I had the weak/tired feeling, stomach issues and most troublesome was the complete loss of appetite. It lasted about two days and then I was completely back to normal. That is what prompted the aforementioned tests.
This month it seems that I feel ok, but now I have a very low grade fever back (this was happening to me for months and then stopped) - for the last four days I've had about a 99 fever (sometimes it went to 99.5, sometimes below 99)....I know this is not really a "fever" but my normal temp is like 97. something so for me it feels like it.
A part of me is thinking that this is all hormonal - I know that hormones do mess with your body and I'm thinking that maybe this is a combination of having a baby a year ago plus all that happened with CDiff, and maybe the hormones do a number on me each month. I'm going to start recording when I'm having these issues and if they fall on the exact time each month, I think I'll have my answer.
I was just wondering if anyone (particularly the women) noticed any changes Post C-Diff with body temp, or more issues during certain times of the month...etc.
I am so grateful to feel well, and know that I'm fortunate & I thank God for that, but these episodes make me second guess everything, because you feel like there HAS to be a reason to have a 99 temp, there HAS to be a reason that you have no appetite or feel fatigued, etc, sometimes... could it ALL be PI IBS? I guess there aren't any tests that will tell you a 100% for anything. I'm coming up to the time of year when all this started one year ago and I think that I'm also getting anxious...I just want to get past this part of the year, to December or so, so I can't think "last year at this time...".
So sorry for the long winded post....thank you for reading if you've made it this far. I truly appreciate having you all here. This site has been a blessing. The one thing I can say is that everyone said you WILL get better, and so far so good.. so for those of you that are still ill, you are in my prayers, but know that you too, will get better.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi there,

I haven't had any problem with a fever, but I know all about the days during PI IBS where you don't have an appetite and feel weak. I think that part is fairly normal during recovery. Maybe someone else will come along and help with the fever question. Glad you are feeling better other than the fever! Hope it gets resolved!

Karen

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 pm

My temperature has dropped from my normal of 97.8 to 96.8 since having cdiff. It is weird! You could have so low grade infection going on in your body. UTI, or such. Mention the fever to your doc however most of them do not consider a fever a fever for an adult until you have 101.
Cindy

CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:14 am

Karen - thank you! That makes me feel a lot better...the loss of appetite thing is what freaked me out the most during those episodes, and I never read that as a common symptom of an IBS attack, so to hear you say that definitely makes me feel so much more comfortable! THank you for your reply!!
Cindy - thank you - I had a "theory" that MAYBE I still had a SLIGHT cdiff infection and my body is still fighting it off here and there (hence the fever)....but I'm hoping that theory is SOOO wrong. I have been tested for any kind of infection, etc etc and everything came back normal so I hope it's just my body out of whack during ovulation, etc... thank you so much
Roy - thanks - I definitely think that is a possibility. That never happened to me before I had my baby last year and before cdiff, but I know that #1 your body changes a lot after having a baby and #2 your body changes a lot after cdiff...so I'm hoping that this is just one of those things... it's just frustrating because you think that something is not right, is your body fighting something, etc.. thanks again :)

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm

About once every two weeks I go thru same stuff, today being another one. Went to bathroom 4 times this morning, took immodium, feel tired and weird. It has happened like clockwork since C diff 10 months ago. I understand exactly how you feel, no fever but I ache from time to time. I always double up on Ensure when I feel this way.

cazza
Regular User

weird attacks

Postby cazza » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 am

I have also had weird attacks since cdiff 2 years ago. I think i still have it.

I get tired bad stomach nausea etc. I think its from spores that flare at times.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”