Flu Shots

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Hua Kul
Regular Contributor

Postby Hua Kul » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:54 am

Bobbie, I read the three articles and now have more cause for alarm. The 9/15 article stated that the FDA had approved H1N1 vaccines from four companies based on clinical trials. But the 9/21 article reported results from a trial using "unadjuvanted vaccine." At least two companies (see my earlier post) plan to add the adjuvant squalene to the vaccine they will market. This combination has NOT undergone clinical trials and therefore has not been approved by the FDA in its final form, but will be distributed anyway.

A study conducted by Tulane Medical School and published in the Feb 2000 issue of Experimental Molecular Pathology regarding the anthrax vaccine found...the substantial majority (95%) of overtly ill deployed GWS (Gulf War Syndrome) patients had antibodies to squalene. All (100%) GWS patients immunized for service in Desert Shield/Desert Storm who did not deploy, but had the same signs and symptoms as those who did deploy, had antibodies to squalene. In contrast, none (0%) of the deployed Persian Gulf veterans not showing signs and symptoms of GWS have antibodies to squalene. Neither patients with idiopathic autoimmune disease nor healthy controls had detectable serum antibodies to squalene. The majority of symptomatic GWS patients had serum antibodies to squalene... http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... f0ab787c09

To sum up,

1. The FDA approve the H1N1 vaccine based on clinical trials using vaccines without squalene.

2. At least Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline plan to add squalene to their H1N1 vaccines.

3. Strong evidence links squalene to Gulf War Syndrome.

I am afraid for what may be about to happen. Sorry to be so alarmist, but something just isn't right here.

God Bless,
--Hua Kul

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 am

It was on our news two days ago that there are two different vaccines and you can request the kind that does not have (thermoline??? or something like that) and the cost will be a bit more. Parents have been really concerned about effects and this was the media's attempt to calm them. They said you will HAVE to request the other vaccine or the one containing that (whatever it is) will be given. I am pretty much in the notion to bypass this round of swine flu shots and pray for the best. I just do not want to go through anything else and be it my luck if there are effects from it they WOULD come my way.
Cindy

Hua Kul
Regular Contributor

Postby Hua Kul » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:02 am

cindym, I think I saw the same story, it is the preservative thimerosal, which is ethyl or methyl mercury. It is used as a preservative in multi-dose vials (where you stick the needle in more than one time). Single dose vials won't need a preservative but will be more expensive. That's a separate issue from the companies adding squalene.

Regarding alternative protective therapies, I found out my local supermarket pharmacy can get vitamin D3 in 5,000 IU capsules for the retail price of $3.49 for a bottle of 100, no prescription required. Whoo-eee that's cheap!

--Hua Kul

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”