Wish me luck

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
crissiej
Regular User

Wish me luck

Postby crissiej » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 am

I had C Diff while I was pregnant. ... about 3 yrs ago. Lucky me I got strep this weekend. I am on the Z Pak and taking some probiotics. Wish me luck on the beast not coming back!

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

Good luck, I always cringe when I hear any one is taking an antibiotic, especially one of us C Diff'ers. My son is finishing up an antibiotic also, and he lived with me when my C Diff was at its worse.

I wish you luck, I have read here of a few that took Z pack and did ok.
Hoping for a cure.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Good luck, Crissie! Glad to hear you're taking the probiotics. Just wondered if you were taking florastor, too? I'm on abx, myself, and taking both. Please let us hear back from you...I'd love to hear that you're one who doesn't relapse from abx! According to ID doc, relapse is possible up to even 9 months post abx. Don't want to alarm anyone, but, I will be taking my probiotics and florastor for a long time!

Wishing you good health!!!

Karen

crissiej
Regular User

Postby crissiej » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 pm

I am taking a bunch of probiotics and yogurt drinks. No florostar for me. The last time I was on abx was when I had my c-section and they gave me IV abx. No relapse then....hoping I don't have one now.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”