Feeling a little frightened

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jenk30
New User

Feeling a little frightened

Postby jenk30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am

Feeling a little upset today. Having D for the first time in 6 months. It started last night after dinner. I took a dose of Pepto but am still feeling some rumblings in my stomach and am continuing to need to go potty. I'm not sure what caused my stomach upset because I ate something I usually have no problems with, and the meal did not bother my husband at all.

I had been having some softer stools earlier in the week, but have not really thought anything of it. I know by now not to worry too much unless it is actual D. I'm trying to think positive and remember to go by the rule of three, but it is very difficult for me not to feel upset. I really just feel like crying. Could you all please keep me in your thoughts. I really need the support right now of people who have been through this nightmare and know how it affects your mental state.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Try not to worry too much - I know this is easier said than done. I tested negative for c diff for about 7 months and periodically during that time I would get looser stools and sometimes D, but it got better. It was only after I took an antibiotic again that it relapsed. So, unless you have taken an AB recently, try to give it a few days and eat mild foods. You could always call your doctor and ask - sometimes it helps to get some feedback. Good luck.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 pm

This happens to me once in a while as well. I take immodium for a day and it goes away. Our stomachs are not what they once were. I eat for comfort, not taste. I understand the panic when it happens, brings back BAD memories.

jenk30
New User

Postby jenk30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. I drank some turmeric tea, which I saw on a website is a natural cure for diarrhea, and my stomach has started to feel a little more settled. We'll see how it goes from here.

Tomorrow is my 40th birthday and this kind of stress is not the kind of birthday present I needed.

Thanks again. The information and kind people at this site have helped me tremendously.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”