Just need to vent

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
CDiffMommy
Regular User

Just need to vent

Postby CDiffMommy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi everyone - I am not a frequent poster, but I am a reader for a long time. I had posted awhile back - I was diagnosed with CDiff in Oct. of 08' after having my baby via c section. I was on flagyl for 10 days, had a relapse and then was on a vanco taper until mid- January. I have been off the vanco since then (7 months) and have had all negative tests and have done well. I've been on florastor 2x per day and also have activia yogurts here and there. I've had mostly good days and can pretty much eat whatever I want. I do have bad days though and they are mostly during the time of month when my hormones are crazy (sorry guys).
There are days that I have 3 - 4 BMs, no D. This is not abnormal for me, and then there are days (more of these) where I feel cmpletely normal. On the bad days though, I still feel weak/tired, don't want to do much. I felt like that yesterday and also added complete loss of appetite to that, which I've had before but this time it has lasted to today. I couldn't eat breakfast or lunch and just feel completely full.
I have an appt with my GI on wed and they can't fit me in sooner.
I am just nervous (which of course doesn't help my stomach) because i feel like something is going on with me - maybe not cdiff but something. - I can deal with other things but the loss of appetite and weak sort of feeling just gets me upset.
I know I could have PI-IBS but I don't know if these are symptoms of that. I know this is a medical question for my dr and I am seeing him next week like I said, but I guess I just wanted some opinions or to just vent. Does anyone feel like this ever? I just have that constant full feeling and even after 3 times in the BR, I feel like I just ate a turkey dinner.
I just hate this and I hate that everytime I feel this way, my mind goes back to CDiff. I know you can all relate and I don't want to sound like acomplainer because I am so grateful every day that I am CDiff free and can function pretty much normally and enjoy all the things I used to. But it's days like these that just kill me.
Thanks for reading if you've made it to this point.

:)

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 am

Maybe you have just picked up a weird stomach virus. I have never personally experienced the full feeling but thats not to say it isn't part of PI IBS, I am sure it very well could be. I have good days and bad also. I recently visited a General Surgeon as I have to have my gallbladder removed. He was pretty well educated on c diff(which was fantastic)! Anyways what he said is when we have a severe infection like c diff happen to our intestines, they kind of lose their ability to function properly. It is like no longer knowing how to walk, they no longer know how to digest properly. He said they don't know how to properly move the food through, how much liquid to keep in the waste and other things. This causes cramping, constipation, bloating, excess gas and many other issues. He said it can take up to a year and sometimes more for the intestines to relearn how to function properly. Hopefully this is all that is going on with you. He even said that the c diff is probably what triggered my gallbladder and I would have to agree. I hope you start to feel better very soon!

Amanda

LindaSp
Contributor

Postby LindaSp » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Be sure to ask about coming off the florastor. Kimberly did successfully.
Linda

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:41 pm

I had PI IBS for 15 months after C Ddiff, and felt like this often. It does go away for some of us...I can eat anything I want now and not have problems...had to work up to it. With my probioitcs, I can even eat/drink things I couldn't tolerate prior to C Diff (and I had IBS then). Florastor is also wonderful!

Hope this resolves quickly!

Karen

CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi guys - thanks for your replies.
Roy - you are so right that if I never heard of Cdiff I might not think of these things as anything but just a bad stomach day or "something I ate". It's not even the stomach issues that bother me - it's just the weak/tired feeling and loss of appetite part.
I am feeling MUCH better today - appetite is back, energy back, etc...
breathing seems to be better too.
Thanks everyone - this forum has provided such a support for me and I truly appreciate it.

:)

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”