For those left with IBS after C Diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jan
Regular Contributor

For those left with IBS after C Diff

Postby Jan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Could some one please explain the symptoms of IBS and also how often it is happening and the duration of symptoms.

Jan

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Jan,
See FAQ-IBS.

I still have IBS ten years after my last bout with C. diff. (l999). It's better than C. diff., however.

About l out of 5 people wind up with it after C. diff. Some try restricted diet, probiotics, etc. None worked for me so I try to ignore it.

There are web sites dealing with just IBS. Try Googling it.

texaslady
New User

IBS after C-diff???

Postby texaslady » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:01 pm

It has been year and a half since I had the big C. Recently I have been suffering with the same type of abdominal pain, but not the D. Lots of gas, bloating, general cramps of the whole abdominal area. My hubby is all worried the c-diff has returned but its not the same. Is there verified proof that c diff can lead to IBS? I know what I am feeling are symptoms for other nastier things too. We are leaving to go on a trip soon, and I don't want to get caught up in testing before I leave. I just read the post about Splenda and I do use that a lot, I guess I will cut back on that for a while and see if that helps. The thought of more problems like this is overwhelming.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”