tooth extraction

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

tooth extraction

Postby Mia-Mia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm

went to the dentist today for a tooth ache. Dentist well yu will have to be on antibiotics or a week and then we can try root canal. I was like I cant they said well we can extract it. I was like omg its a back tooth. i was so afraid to be on antibiotics & get c diff that i had them extract it. OMG I cant beleive that i am that Afraid of antibiotics that i would have them extract it. NOW i am in so much pain. Bleeding but it is out. I am not sure that i made the right decision!!

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

You know I did the same exact thing about a week and a half ago. The tooth had been bothering me off and on. Then all of a sudden my lymph node swelled up right by it. I went to the dentist and he said he would like to do antibiotics which I said no way! He said my other option which was root canal and crown which would have cost me a minimum of $1100 up front and I just didn't have it. I asked him about having it pulled because it was my back molar. He said that we could do that too. Man getting that tooth pulled was a bear because the roots were so long but now a week and a half later I don't regret it. It is healing up slowly and I am just glad I didn't have to do any antibiotics. You might ask about doing the antibiotic mouthwash. You swish and spit and that way you won't have to worry about infection now. Bobbie said she has used it many times.

Amanda

Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

extraction

Postby Mia-Mia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks right now i feel like I made the wrong decisions but its only been a few hours, I am sure I will feel better about it tomorrow. I will ask him about the antibiotic mouth wash I never heard of that. I though just peroxide. Thanks for the advise I am just trying to get the bleeding to stop i am using a tea bag , it is getting better/

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”