Knee pain at night

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Knee pain at night

Postby Suezer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am

I have been pulsing Vanco for quite awhile, currently pulsing 1 pill every other day since 3 weeks, and feeling good. Lately,however, I am awakened in the middle of the night with pain when I try to straighten my legs, the pain in my knees and stiffness literally makes it so difficult and painful just to straighten my legs. Once I am awake and moving around it is better.

I am just wondering if others experienced this, and if it is somehow related to either the Vanco or the C Diff. Also wonder why this is happening now, have not had this issue at all until now, and my C Diff struggle began 7 months ago.
Hoping for a cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:24 am

Some people get reactive arthritis from c diff and other infections. I had some of that too, but it comes and goes. I know I've read othe posts about it - supposedly it can go as quickly as it comes.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:37 pm

I got arthritis in my knee more than 2 years after recovering from cdiff. My orthopod said it wasn't reactive arthritis, but I am not sure I believe him. No one else in my family has arthritis, and I still have other problems from cdiff (sensitive innards and the like).

Brittany
Regular User

Postby Brittany » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:08 am

For about a month during one of my rounds of Vanco I experienced intense knee pain, though not just at night. Pretty much any time my leg was bent at the knee it would start to ache and straightening it out was crippling for the first few seconds--but necessary as that was the only way the pain would stop. If I left it straight out and didn't move it it didn't hurt. Once it finally went away, the other knee began to ache a week or so later! It did eventually fade away though, and after reading about it on this site I chalk it up to yet another gift C Diff has bestowed upon me :)
Brittany

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”