One step forward two steps back

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

One step forward two steps back

Postby Suezer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:48 am

I am still pulsing Vanco. I have gotten down to 1 pill every 3rd day only to have to go back to 1 every other day two times now. Each time I would experience low back pain while on the 3 day pulse. My Dr. said it wasn't a concern, however..in my case I believe it is, I had low back pain 1 week prior to my initial episode. Anyway, that is not the reason I had to back track, this last time I also got extreme pain in my transverse colon while at work, it was the same pain I got at my initial episodes, and both relapses, so I ended up taking a pill 2 days in a row and going back to the every other day pulse. I feel great on the every other day pulse, and I am wondering now if I will ever get to the point where I can feel good at 3 days off..and so on.
Has anyone else had to keep trying over and over to finally get to the point where they can be off more than 2 days?
I keep telling myself that I just have to be patient and keep trying until that magical day when the low back ache and other things dont appear..at that time I will feel like I am actually getting somewhere!
Hoping for a cure.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Sounds familar, been there and it's not easy. C-Diff is just like riding a roller coaster....you just don't know when the ride ends.

You're still making progress, so hang in there...

Fire

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks Fire, seems not many left on here that have similar experience re: treatment. Your input has always been a great help to me.

My ID Dr. and I talked today he wants to keep me at 1 pill every other day for a month, which on 1 hand, keeps me out of pain, yet on the other hand,keeps me on the Vanco that much longer.
Hoping for a cure.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”