New type of IBS attack + Lyme freak out

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 pm

I just finished 5 days of Cipro after testing c diff negative for 7 months. Now I have to take vanco - I have to do this for my preparation for the transfer anyway, but my doctor said even if I didn't, that he would have had me take it to try to prevent a relapse. It's only 125mg capsules - I always took 250 mg when I had c diff. I haven't noticed anything resembling a relapse, but I must tell you that the cipro was really hard on my bowel, a lot of gas, some cramping. It never did this to me before I had c diff. I don't know about the amox. but if you have to take it, you might want to check about taking vanco with it, or right after it. I know that Bobbie said she took vanco together with levaquin I think it was.

trob25
Regular Contributor

Postby trob25 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 pm

beth22 wrote:I just finished 5 days of Cipro after testing c diff negative for 7 months. Now I have to take vanco - I have to do this for my preparation for the transfer anyway, but my doctor said even if I didn't, that he would have had me take it to try to prevent a relapse. It's only 125mg capsules - I always took 250 mg when I had c diff. I haven't noticed anything resembling a relapse, but I must tell you that the cipro was really hard on my bowel, a lot of gas, some cramping. It never did this to me before I had c diff. I don't know about the amox. but if you have to take it, you might want to check about taking vanco with it, or right after it. I know that Bobbie said she took vanco together with levaquin I think it was.

I know my GP doesn't know about vanco with abs, but my GI might. I know both definitely told me to load up on probiotics. I'll have to check with the GI if I do indeed have to take these meds.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”