experiencing loss of appetite/gag reflex?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Wed May 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Nancym, thanks for your input I really appreciate the suggestions. I just bought a whole flat of gatorade yesterday, but the normal version as opposed to RAIN (I just read the post today but maybe ill pick up a bottle of green RAIN and see how that is). Ill also try a straw as I havent tried that yet. In addtion to gatorade, I bought a pack of Nestle 'enhanced water' which tastes like juice or something since it has minerals and what not in it. But, I find the taste is just way too strong and probably wont be drinking that anymore. I also drink after eating my meals and Ill try to drink a couple gatorades per day to stay hydrated. Also, I thought id mention that Ive tried a product by Dare Simply Pleasures, which is an oatmeal cranberry snack which I find is easy to eat during bad times.

thank you very much
harmeet

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 am

Fire - Since you're our expert on rehydration, a doctor once told me that Crystal Light is a good alternative to Gatorade. However, I thought sodium, potassium, and chloride, and possibly bicarbonate are electrolytes. When I looked at the label for Crystal Light, it didn't seem to me to have the electrolytes needed. Here is a link that shows the label and the other ingredients:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/P ... 4300095055

It shows zero Sodium, nothing about chloride, and mentions Potassium in the ingredients but doesn't tell how much.

What is your expertise opinion on this drink mix? What product would you recommend to lay people?
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”