Swine Flu

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon May 04, 2009 11:50 pm

This swine flu is no laughing matter! I remember years ago when I stood in line for 3.5 hours for a swine flu shot in Dallas, TX and then spent 2 weeks flat on my back sick as a dog after taking it. The thought that this swine flu could make me even sicker than the shot did terrifies me! You can bet I will stay out of crowds and I am now stocking up my freezer for less trips to the grocery store. Will I become a hermit? No, but I will be very conscious of my surroundings and I will be using Purell non-stop!
Cindy

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Well it is in my town now. I figured it would be just was hoping for later rather then sooner. Will also be doing my best to avoid it but have a 9 year old son in school and 2 teenagers who pick up everything. My husband also flew to Virgina and will be in Washington, DC for this week. I pray for his safety that he doesn't pick anything up and bring it back with him. I don't fear the flu so much as I do fear taking the antivirals. I think my older son and husband would do fine with the antivirals so I find comfort with that but I know that they would likely cause a relapse for my 14 month old and myself so I honestly don't know what I will do if it comes to that point. I wish we knew more about how likely these are to cause a relapse. It would be nice to know what type of antibiotic the antivirals could be compared to strength wise. I mean if this does to your stomach bacteria what clindamycin does it would be nice to be prepared for that. When they noticed c diff during their trials they should have researced the effects on those with previous c diff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”