Pregnant with Cdiff.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
SamanthaP
New User

Pregnant with Cdiff.

Postby SamanthaP » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 am

Has Anyone been pregnant with cdiff??
or knows anyone that was.

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 pm

I personally have not been but I can tell you as I have read through many previous posts there have been others. Look through case histories and also try doing a search with c diff and pregnant.
Amanda

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:45 pm

SamathaP,

See FAQ-Pregnancy & C. diff. Many have posted on this site when they were pregnant with C. diff. & had healthy babies. Try to get your GI (or primary care doc.) to check with your OB to find out which med. (Flagyl or Vanco.) is easiest on the baby. Also check with your pharmacist.

Good luck. Know you & your baby will come through this OK but it is a shame this nasty infection has to occur during pregnancy -- a time when you should be well & happy.

SamanthaP
New User

reply.

Postby SamanthaP » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 pm

ohh its already happened. ahah.
i had to have a emergenct csection at 30wks.
baby is fine. and now a year and half later so am i. i just wanted to find someone with the same problem

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”