Miscellaneous

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

Miscellaneous

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I posted some new info. in various forums today re. probiotics, hygiene, & testing. Pls. check FAQ. Remember, new posts are at the end of the forum -- unlike the other forums.

My 92 year old mother was accepted into Hospice yesterday. I am so grateful. At last some help! We have a small family (one son is in the UK) & I hate to impose on friends. I moved Mother here from MT almost 7 years ago, & she did well until January 2008 when she "tanked" -- dementia, almost total hearing loss, diverticulosis, loss of l6 lbs., sleeps constantly & often refuses to get up for meals. She is in an assisted living but there isn't any extra "care" (I'm there every day & sometimes twice).We don't want to move her to a nursing home. She has disintegrated from a beautiful, well-dressed woman into a humped, frightened one in mismatched clothes. It's difficult to manage both our health problems, but take comfort from the fact we (& our insurance companies ) have built (or redecorated) several docs. houses and/or offices.

I won't be on the sites much but will check it periodically. Thx. to the other mods. for all their work. To the "Complaint Dept.," a reminder that mods. & Heather, who does Media Reports, are not paid & do this on their own time.

The only person who can really help you through this awful disease is you. . Docs. can give you medical help, & this site can support you, but you are ultimately it. When my son had C. diff., & when I had it years later, there wasn't a support site, & we survivied.

Best of luck to everyone.
Last edited by Bobbie on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:41 pm

very well said Bobbie. Best of luck to you also, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I just lost my 94yr old grandmother last month and no matter how old they are or what there health problems are it is never a easy thing to have to go through.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

LindaSp
Contributor

Postby LindaSp » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Best wishes to you and your family.
Linda
Thanks for all you do.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes, take all the time you need to care for yourself and your family. We all understand and I, too, thank you for everything you've done and still do for those here.

Take care,

Karen

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”