HOW LONG BETWEEN MEDS. & TESTS

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

HOW LONG BETWEEN MEDS. & TESTS

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 pm

This has been a highly debated subject on the site. Years ago, an expert told me that a 10 to 14 day wait is best. I contacted him again re. this but have not heard back. Not hearing from a doctor? How unusual.

Other docs. have other opinions. I called my GI last week. His nurse said 72 hours off either Flagyl or Vanco. is sufficient.

I checked with a local pharmacist. He said Vanco. should be "out of the system" after 48 hours. Who to believe? I haven't a clue.

Remember, no two docs. even in the same field agree on anything -- as most of us know. I was on a board with docs. (all in the same field) & they argued about meds. constantly. An ID told me that he has seen docs. "come to blows" over treatment. They all give "experienced, educated, expensive guesses" -- as I've posted many times before on the site.

I have one other expert I can contact who usually responds.

BOTTOM LINE: Do whatever your own doc. & you decide is best but try to wait at least several days before tests.

Copied in FAQ-Tests-C. diff. Remember, in FAQ, new posts are posted last.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”