Anxiety or a real concern?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Donna
New User

Postby Donna » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Glad you're feeling better. The bananas are good to have, I've read during my research that they have prebiotics, so they set the stage for the probiotics.
I find fennel tea helps my tummy settle down, I buy the seeds and crush them myself.
I couldn't handle Kefir as a drink, but I made my own cheese with it.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get S. boulardii here in Canada, and if I should start taking them, I'm 141 days posts meds and wondering if they'd help with lingering symptoms or if I should save my money?
again glad you're feeling better, we all have our days when we freak out, I'm having one today.
I just keep praying and trying to hold to my faith for me that really helps.

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Donna
I am also from Canada and I just order in Florastor at the Safeway Pharmacy. I think our health region in Alberta recommends if for IBS(it's in one of the brochures) so they might carry if for that reason. Not sure what province you are in. Have you tried just being on a regular probiotic? I've remained on Florastor since being off meds since last Nov.2007. If I go off it I have an increase in gas so I've stayed on. On this site it is often repeated What works for some may not work for others.

Donna
New User

Postby Donna » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks Carrie
I'm in BC. I called Safeway here and they can get it here for me in 1 to 2 business days.
It's not cheap.
I'm on other probiotics so I'm wondering if I should try this stuff or don't bother. Did someone say it's recommened for IBS?
Any ways thanks for everyone's info.

Suezer, hang in there.

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Yeah tough call. I can tell you it's(Florastor) not a sure cure for IBS or everyone on this site would be staying on it. Most days I think it helps me and other days I think I'm fooling myself. From all my reading on this site it doesn't seem that any product can can eliminate all the nasty symptoms during recovery and recovery seems to be weeks for some, months for others and even years for the rest. Some people have suggested things that have made them feel better but they may not work for the rest i.e. Vike swears by hot tea but all tea does for me is give me more cramps. I recently had a GI tell me not to expect recovery for 3-5 years so I'm just counting month by month(14 down, 36-60 to go - quite a daunting thought).

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”