Just Checking In

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jenny
Regular Contributor

Just Checking In

Postby Jenny » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi All.

It's been a while since I last checked the site. I wanted to wish you all a Healthy, Happy New Year!

Cindy, Sorry to hear that you have lost your brother. I hope you can find closeure with what seems could be a very volatile situation. The last thing you need is stress. I am so sorry that the Beast has reared it's ugly head again, but your attitude is great and you will put it in it's place I have no doubt. You are an inspiration to us all.

Jen, Happy Belated Birthday to Connor, WOW 1. I bet he keeps you on your toes. So happy to see you are still C-diff free. You know it takes quite a while for the weight to come back. It took me a year and I have been quite a sedentary person of late (through no choice of my own). You are running around after a 1 year old. You are doing just fine. Be glad that you have those that care, try not to take their well meaning comments to heart. If you're okay with your weight and your Dr is great. If you want a few more lbs, but don't care where they go, I found banana cake really helps, but it all goes to your thighs, LOL.

Fire, It's great to see you here, getting people to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes it's all we can do in the throws of C-diff. Hope your Alaska trip was Awesome. Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

Bobbie & Nancy, It's great that you haven't jumped ship. It's been a year since I first was diagnosed with c-diff. What I would have done without your warm informative welcome I do not know. C-diff makes us all feel very desperate and scared. You keep this site going which I know is a huge undertaking and it is much appreciated.

Roy, I am so glad you're still posting with your usual information and humour, perfect combo. Hope you didn't get into too much trouble with your wife about jaw usage, LOL. I love the light hearted posts. We all need a good laugh. Sorry I missed the deadline on the petition. It's great to see the UK website making things happen. Just wish so many people did not have to join these support groups.

Karen, it's good to see you are still posting here and are well. I guess so many like me get well and move on. I must say though that C-diff is ever on my mind, especially when I have a "funny day" but the 3 day rule really helps keep me sane well almost.

I have a new norm post c-diff. D when I Ovulate and a little when I get my period. It took a few months and several sleepless nights to make this connection. Apparently it's due to a surge in estrogen. I finish my 9 months of antibiotics for latent TB on March 5, not long now. Too many side effects to mention but at least it has not had any gastro effects. I am managing my RA with methotrexate and prednisone. The prednisone I have dropped significantly. Never thought I'd take those drugs again but I can't do without. Been there , done that. I have not had to take any other antibiotics since my recovery. Just glad to be in a place where I am no longer counting days off ab's. Hope that day comes soon for many of you still fighting the fight. It will happen, for some it just takes a little longer. It's good to see that new drugs are coming to light for c-diff and I hope they find a real cure soon.

Hugs and Well wishes to you all

Jenny

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks Jenny. I'm glad to hear you'll be off your TB meds in March. I know you'll be happy when that's done. I'm also happy to hear your RA is being well managed and you've had no GI issues. You sound very upbeat and positive and it's just uplifting! Thanks so much for checking in to let us know how you're doing. I love hearing from people who've gotten through their struggle with C-Diff, but you've overcome so much more than that!

Wishing you the best always,

Karen

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Ditto!!!!!!!!!! :)

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Jenny so glad to hear from you. I am happy you are feeling better. I am very similar in the fact that my off days are always during my menstral too. Connor is actually going to be 15 months the 5th of February. I can't even believe it he is so amazing. He keeps me very busy, which explains not gaining weight and he is a big boy too. Last visit he was 26 pounds and he isn't walking all the time yet, so that's a lot of lifting. Anyway, I am so thrilled you are getting rid of the TB and feeling better you DESERVE it. Again great to hear from you!!!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:59 am

Jenny,
Thanks for checking in & supporting others. We need more posters like you!

There have been so many posters over the years that I've forgotten some, but I remember you & how much you've had to overcome.

Here's to your eventual health!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”