New here and a bit fearful

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 pm

The Doc has me off work until Monday. I finish the meds Saturday P.M. She told me to submit another sample within a few days,after that.

Should I wait until Tuesay? Not sure when it is best to detect if the monster is completely gone..

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:34 pm

suezer- The answer to your question is that a lot of people experience blood and mucus even with IBS so it is not that unusual. However, your doctor should be up to date on what is going on with you but I would not be overly concerned with it myself if it is minimal.
Cindy

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:26 am

Thanks for the reply Ciny,
Can you or anyone tell me why is it when I took my first "kit" home initially pre-diagnosis,it contained 2 vials for 2 seperate samples. The kit I now have for "post" -treatment is just the 1 vial with the red liquid in it.
Hoping for a cure.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 am

Hi Suezer. I've never heard of a vial with red liquid in it. I always had to pick up sterile containers at my doc's office, but there was never any liquid in it. Maybe someone else can answer this question. I'd be very interested to know what that's about, though.

Karen

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 am

Yes it is a smaller container with a red liquid in it, you have to shake it up after you submit the sample and it is "not" to be refridgerated.

For the first test I had one like it, as well as a bigger sterile container like the one you described. The bigger container, for the first test(s) had to be refridgerated if not submitted promptly.

Also, Sorry Cindy for mispelling your name, my key board skips letters sometimes and we can't edit posts .
Hoping for a cure.

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Suezer,
We laughed last time I took my son to the dr for testing for c diff because when she sent the lab tech in she told them no need to teach me how to do the samples because I am a pro at it. Anyways the vial you have is not for a c diff test. It is for a completely different test. They cannot use it to run the c diff test. You will have to call them and get the container that is just sterile, no liquid and make sure they ordered the correct test. Also make sure you have been off meds for 10-14 days and know that because you test negative does not mean that relapses are impossible. Also some people test positive for c diff even though they have no symptoms and never end up needing more treatment. Honestly I don't undertand the point of testing unless you are having symptoms. Thats just my opinion though.
Amanda

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”