CDiff or PI-IBS

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 pm

thank you so much Bobbie - hearing that makes me feel so much better. I am trying so hard to keep occupied and not pay attention to feeling "not good", and keep reminding myself that people have bad days. I know I had bad days even on the medicine, especially when I dropped down in dose, etc. I just want to fast forward and know I'm ok. Just a small wish. ;) I guess I just have to wait and see. It's just amazing what this will do to you.
Like I said, hearing that people had these bad days right after coming off the meds, really does make me feel better, so I appreciate your reply very much. I haven't posted so much but this site has helped me tremendously over these last few months.

Thanks again.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:48 pm

I haven't tried coffee since February '08 and I miss it so much. I can drink hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and whole milk and do just fine. Haven't been brave enough to try the coffee yet.

Karen

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 am

Go easy on the sauerkrat as you heal as it can certainly upset your tummy, cabbage can be hard on anyones stomach.
I had many days after stopping the meds and thought forsure c-diff was back. If my doctor didn't insist on a positive test before we tried the next treatment option I would have restarted my meds. I kept restesting for a month as I was sure it was back. I was still going for tests up to the 90 days but they were all clear. My GI tract was just messed up and it was needing time to heal. I'm sure my anxieties didn't help but it seems most of us are really afraid of it returning. I do hope it is your turn to be clear!
Those first few weeks are very trying, hang in there

Donna
New User

Postby Donna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm 4 months off meds and I just recently had a few bad days, mucous and blood, cramps, frequency to "go", no D though. I saw my Dr and she said it was probably viral. Must have been cause I'm feeling better, still not 100% but no blood ( probably from fisures ) or mucous, just cramps.
She said my GI tract is my weakest link now so if a stomach bug comes around, which it did, it'll hit me hard in the guts.
It's always good to check with the Dr when in dought. She was willing to do another test if I still had mucous.
I drink coffee, some days it bugs me other days it dosen't. I waited till things felt alittle better before I tried it though. I statrted with 1/2 a cup. Like you I missed it.
I agree to go easy on the sauerkraut. You'll have to test out foods to see what you can and can't have for awhile. For me beef or dairy don't agree, there's other things too, but try it all out a bit at a time. I've over indulged and regreted it for a week. Fennel teas helps my tummy settle down if it's upset, peppermint supposed to help too, but I'm nursing so I can't have too much peppermint.
I'll pray you'll be ok, we must have faith or else we'll go crazy!!

CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi again - so sorry for all the posting, I hope it's ok. I will preface this by saying I am definitely going to call my dr tomorrow once he's in but he's not now so in the meantime I wanted to ask your opinions.
I'm on day 4 off the vanco and feeling pretty good. I've had about 2 BM's on average per day - fairly solid. However, I don't know if it's due to some type of constipation(which I'm slightly experiencing) or frequent BM's that are more solid, but there's been a little bit of pain when I do go for the last two days. Anyway, tonight I saw a bit of blood when I went (so sorry if this is TMI, I'm not sure what is and what's not), but I really think it's because of the above. I don't have any abdominal pain or cramping, etc...no D, etc....the only pain is when I go like i said above.
Did anyone experience this at all (i have heard this can be due to fissures and nothing more) and have it NOT be c-diff? I don't have any mucous or any of the other tell tale signs. I'm still being tested next week and again, will be calling my dr, but wanted to see what you all thought until I get to talk to him.

Thanks in advance

CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Yes, it's definitely red - I really feel like it's a fissure based on all that's gone along with it...
I've been sticking to a very bland diet for a long time now (very modified BRAT)- white bread, sandwiches with turkey, activia, eggs, rice, pasta (no sauce), bananas, etc. so maybe I can start adding some of the old stuff back in - fruit, veggies, etc?
Ok, well thanks for the quick reply Roy!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I had a fissure during and for about 2 years after having cdiff. I finally cured it with Prep H suppositories and with Neohealar, something I found online. About diet, add new things slowly, so if you have a problem, you can know what caused it.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”