Interesting article

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Wow that article is almost overwhelming. It doesn't have the we all will beat this eventually tone behind it that this website has. Kind of depressing reading it and then reading all the posts after it that didn't end well. I am very happy people will now be able to find this site though. It is much more positive about fighting this nasty bug and way more educational.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:01 pm

What is wrong with me I read your post that it was very harsh and scary and told myself Jen DO NOT read this article. Then, what do I do an hour later come back and read it. Now, once again I am terrified because I read how a 31 year old pregnant women died along with her unborn child. Now, I am going to be terrified about this when it's time for me to have my second child. I have to stop doing this to myself. Anyway, I agree that article was very scary.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

Hi all. I read an article about that woman months ago. She was very ill and went too long w/o proper diagnosis and treatment, if I remember correctly. Jen...don't let it worry you too much. You know what the symptoms are and you are a young, healthy woman. Those things are in your favor! Her circumstances were unique. You've beaten C-Diff once already! Keep your chin up :-)

Roy, thanks for posting about this site. I hope people who visit that one come to this one, so they can see it's not all doom and gloom. C diff is horrible and yes, we all worry about getting it again. Well, I do anyway, but if I live my life in fear of it, I won't have much of a life. My biggest problem is still dealing w/IBS, but I'll take it over C-Diff!

Karen

maryinflorida
Regular Contributor

Postby maryinflorida » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Good article, Roy! It was the first one I've seen that recommends bringing your own bleach to the hospital and cleaning all surfaces in your room---which I did when I went for my surgery. The nurses laughed and thought it was "cute" that I had my own bottle of bleach in the bathroom (and a few other things!), but having my husband clean most of the surfaces in the room (bed rails, tv and call buttons, phone, etc) helped me get in and out of that hospital without picking up any more "unwanted guests." Once was more than enough!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Roy, Thx. for the article. I posted it under FAQ-Articles Written By C. diff. Experts & Other CD Lit. so it won't get lost amoung the other posts.

MaryinFlorida,
You sound like a "smart cookie" to me. You can take almost anything you want to a hospital (if it's not harmful)-- it's your "party." I believe most hopsitals still have a "Patients' Bill of Rights" in their rooms. (Haven't been hospitalized sincel 1999 - thank God, knock wood.)

Who needs another "superbug in their lives?" Not us.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks I didn't mean to worry I was just saying I should ABSOLUTELY stop reading about horrible things that happen from c-diff. I have to say though Roy EVERY single time I have been scared you always make me laugh and realize how silly I am being thank you so much for that. Karen also thanks for explaining that women's situation. I just have to move on and realize c-diff was a part of my life, but I can stop thinking about it so much.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”