candida infection

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Loraseery
New User

candida infection

Postby Loraseery » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 pm

I beat c. diff. last feb. after 6 months with vanco, florastor and probiotics but now have a systemic candida (yeast) infection. I think it could be due to the florastor. Has anyone else had this and how was it treated? I do not want to take harsh meds like diflucan. I heard coconut oil can help. Anyone tried it?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am

See FAQ-Anti-Fungal Medications (Yeast Infections).

kaynash
New User

Re: candida infection

Postby kaynash » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:45 am

Hi Loraseery,

I batteled C Diff too and I believe I have this candida issue. How they diagnosed you? And what treatment you went for? Thank you!

I realized I have it because: all day long headache. Dizzy spells, palpitations, yellowish whitish fingernails, very bad fatigue, I cut sugar and the mucus in stool disappeared as well as the yellow color. Nausea. Stool started to look brown after I cut sugar and limited carbohydrates. Bad breath
Sibo test: negative
PCR test for C Diff: negative both on antigen and toxins
They didn’t test for yeast. And I kept asking them to no avail
Went from a doctor to another to only be given antidepressants which I refuse to take
I am certain I have and needs diflucan as it is systemic
Had endoscopy with biopsy: normal
Had sigmoidoscopy with biopsy: normal
I heard it stays in small intestines and causes issues.

If you had specific tests please let me know.
I am home bound because of the severe symptoms
Been to ER, 3 gastro, 3 NP, 1 OBGYN now I am seeking IDD
Those people refused to check me for anitibodies for candida, urine prganic acids, and refused to check how much good bacteria levels are in my body,

I am completely lost

The statistics says lots of people may end up with candida after C Diff. And Like I said, when I cut the sugar my stool came brown instead of yellowish full of mucus

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Please note the thread you have asked questions on is from 2008, most posters do not stay on the site that long.

You may want to start your own thread to ask questions.

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Candida only causes a problem if it over grows.
Symptoms you describe are not candida symptoms.
Around half the population carry it so theres no point in testing.
Sit next to someone on a train and chances are one of you will be carrying candida!
Theres NO tests to check for good bacteria, what's good for you might make the next person sick.
Most of the 500 or so types of bacteria in our gut do not even have a name.
Your Dr has recognized you have health anxiety problems and suggested medication.
it might help to listen to your Dr.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”