Is weakness and fatigue normal?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
duhfur
New User

Is weakness and fatigue normal?

Postby duhfur » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:33 pm

I read a bout D being main symptom but not many of you seem to mention the fatigue and weakness that is plaguing me. So I"m wondering if it's not normal?

If so, what helps you?

Sometimes I feel so bad it's hard to get out of bed, I"m to weak to even walk around the grocery store. I'd not dehdration b/c I haven't had D in weeks.

mayotte
Contributor

Postby mayotte » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Weakness and fatigue are common during c.diff and after as well. It takes time to return to the way you were before. Many of us had to learn patience in our recovery. Speaking for myself, it took me months to heal after having c.diff for 8 months. You will feel better...even if it doesn't seem so at times.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your weakness and fatigue. I had them, also, for quite some time. I, too, could barely get out of bed or go to the grocery store. I still have those symptoms occasionally, and I first got C Diff in late February. It will get better. It does take time. Hang in there, especially when you're at your lowest...know that most of us have pretty much experienced what you're going through. IT DOES TAKE TIME. I hope you have someone helping you and hope you feel better soon!

Karen

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”