BD Lactinex

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Renee
New User

BD Lactinex

Postby Renee » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 am

I saw that one posting suggested BD Lactinex is cheaper than Lactobacillus GG (Culturelle), & just as good. Culturelle has 10 billion cells, where I believe Lactinex has 1 million. Even though cheaper, I am not convinced it is as good.

Your opinion is asked.
Thank you,
Renee
Renee

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Renee -

When I had seond relapse of C-Diff in April 2007 and was hospitalized for nine days, I was sent home on a 6 or 7 week taper of Vanco, along with Flagyl for the first 2 weeks of the taper. I was to take just one Lactinex per day during the taper, then 6 weeks of Florastor afterwards.

I had to call the hospital as when I got the bottle of Lactinex from CVS ($12.00 for 50 tablets) to be sure one per day was correct as the directions stated "4 tablets chewed and swallowed 3 or 4 times per day. May be followed by a small amount of milk, fruit juice or water." A nurse checked with the prescribing doctor and called me back and said one per day was correct.

I still have a few in bottle in fridge and bottle doesn't say how many billions are in each tablet, but it does say "For supplement information, call 1-800-638-8663."

Don't know if this helps or not, but you might call the number if a doctor told you to take this.

Sandy
Southeast Michigan

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”