Florestor question.....have you had these side effects?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
PatHoover
Regular User

Florestor question.....have you had these side effects?

Postby PatHoover » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:09 pm

I have been taking Florestor since Tuesday. Have any of you had problems with lightheadiness? I am also a diabetic and have noticed my blood sugars have been lower. Not too low but lower then they usually run. All the information I have received nothing says anything about this happening. Please let me know.......thank you
smile...it is contageous

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:08 am

Florastor is a form of yeast and therefore I would assume could affect your blood sugar. However, you need to ask a pharamcist or most likely call the company that makes the florastor and ask their opinion. I would not continue to take it until I had answers from people who know because you definitely do not want worse problems. Good luck!
Cindy

PatHoover
Regular User

Postby PatHoover » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi Cindy....it was the Florestor which gave me the side effects of lower blood sugars and lightheadiness. I am off it now. They stopped after I was off for 2 days. Now my BS are back to normal and I am no longer so lightheaded. I am not taking anything now as I don't know what to take. There are so many out there. I probably will go back to my original probotics from Nature Creations.

Good news ....my stool test came back today and it was negative for C. Diff........whew!!!!! Now to see if I relapse.......
smile...it is contageous

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”