OLd school, but sucessful

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
fire7163
Long Time Contributor

OLd school, but sucessful

Postby fire7163 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Just got out of a meeting with our PA who is also a GP. He was discussing his recent rash of C-diff cases and how he was having great sucess in treating them using an old school techinque. Of his 6 recent patients only 1 has relasped in the last 6 months. All of his pt's have had follow up stool testing and 5 of the 6 have repeatedly tested negative. He as been using Flagly and activated charcol. He is prescribing the OTC Charcol 4 times a day for 10 days. He told me that he had learned the proceedure 20+ years ago from an old GP, when one of his children had C-diff. I know that it sounds strange, but 5 out of 6 not relapasing is hard to ignore.....

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu May 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Could the people that cant tolerate flagyl use Vanco with it instead? Thats interesting..

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

I don't know...he is very reluctant to use vanco

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”