Here I am crying again, I've just had enough.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jenny
Regular Contributor

Here I am crying again, I've just had enough.

Postby Jenny » Thu May 29, 2008 3:52 pm

I just can't take it anymore. The harder I try to shake everything off and get back to normal I just can't. I thought this rifaximin would be the last antibiotic I take in a long time. I'm not counting the days yet but aside from the side effects of the rifaximin I've been doing great. So you'd think okay next step get the arthritis under control. So you open that door and it just slams shut on you. My ID did not like my chances continuing with the methotrexate, prednisone and hydrochloroquine, which I have not been able to take for the past 5 months anyway, hence my bad condition now. So my Rhematologist looks at alternatives and enbrel seems great just have to do a TB test. Well ofcourse nothing is easy my TB test was positive, which I kind of knew it would be because in the UK we get a BCG as kids for TB. Chest X rays are scheduled for tomorrow but no matter what I have to be treated as though I have latent TB. Also because of all the countries I have been to, apparently I am at higher risk. Guess what the treatment is, antibiotics for 9 months!!! I have no idea where this INH stands, I'm just so sick of all of this. INH is not on my list of antibiotics does anyone know it's c diff risks? This stuff could also damage my kidneys and they have to monitor you constantly.

On top of that my MRI results are in and they called to reschedule me so that I can see the OB/Gyn and not the physicians assistant so that sounds like good news too, NOT. I'm just at the end of my rope how much more crap is going to fall in my lap.

Jenny :(

Maybe I should have put this is venting.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu May 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Jenny Im sorry you're having to go thru all that. It seems to happen like that not just one thing you have to deal with about five at a time! Maybe you should take Vanco with whatever med they put you one. Do you feel like you have TB? Or are you just a carrier? Hang in there, you will get better.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Jenny:

Wow are you getting slammed!!!! It reminds me of myself. I know it's tough but don't panic. Just like climbing stairs, take one at a time and don't look up. Take the issues that you can control or deal with one at a time, as for the rest... they are already in play and all you can do is deal with them when they arrive. Stressing about them is just going to make things harder in the end. Is there anything good happening that you can focus on like no "d" ?. Talk to your Doctor about C-diff and the antibiotics he can use, maybe there's a fairly safe one...won't know till you ask, and make sure that all of them are talking to each other and agree on courses of treatment.

Hang in there, I've got your back

Fire

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu May 29, 2008 10:23 pm

jENNY- As a person that fights one battle right after another I know it is overwhelming but the only thing you can do is KEEP ON KEEPING ON........I for one have gotten to the point that everytime they find something else it doesn't surprise me nor does it really get me down at this point. I have kinda learned to expect it. I thank Mr. Cdiff for making me subject to one thing right after another.

Methroxate can cause cdiff and I have read articles that people that take it either develop cdiff or carry the spores. My internist totally refused to let my rheumatologist use it. There of course are bad side effects for remicade, enbrel and humira too. I guess it is just whatever you can deal with. I frankly have chosen to deal with the arthiritis until which time I can NOT walk and then do whatever I have to do. I have come close on several occasions. They tried me on all the NAISD's and none of them would set well on my stomach and made it much worse. I now take tylenol for arthiritis which is better than nothing but is a far cry from total relief.

TB? Oh my goodness.........one thing right after another for you too. Do not take any antibiotic without consulting your infectious disease doctor and possibly researching it on your own. Wonder if there is such a thing as false positives? Maybe repeat the test?

Good luck!
Cindy

Jenny
Regular Contributor

Postby Jenny » Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks guys,

I'm doing much better today. I have lots of leads to follow but ofcourse it's Friday and the UK is 6hrs ahead. I did speak with my old GP, Thanks Roy. Unfortunatley he does not have my school records. I also found another test that they might do, my Rheumatologist has not heard of it but he read the info I gave him from the CDC and he said he says it sounds good and to check with my ID Dr. Of course that will be Monday too now. I had my chest x-ray today and I guess I will get the results on Monday aswell. If it is anything I'm sure it will be a positive from the BCG or latent TB from my travels.

Nsewell, I'm not sick with TB thank goodness. Just really scared about the 9 months of ab's, I've put that on hold for now pending all the results/options.

Cindy, I know what you mean about the RA drugs, but I just can't seem to function without them. Mornings are the worst. I'm in so much pain just getting out of bed. This morning I had to ask my 10yr old son to help me get dressed. I have to do something. It's like take one big blue pill or 10 small blue pills, both are not good choices but I have to choose one.

Fire thanks for the encouragement, I know you have been through alot too, Hope your rehab is going well and you're enjoying being back to work.

My life is just a bit of a rollercoaster right now. Up days and too many down unfortunately.

Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate having you guys, especially on days like yesterday. Hopefully I will have something good to post about soon.

Take Care

Jenny

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri May 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Jenny,
Its always nice to be able to vent!! You sure do have a full plate right now. Keep your head up and your spirits high.. it helps keep you sane!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”