335 days after being cured and still constant nausea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sks001
Regular Contributor

335 days after being cured and still constant nausea

Postby sks001 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi All -

I couldn't post a reply to my previous post "Still have constant nausea 90 days after taper - any advice?" further down in this discussion because it is locked ... so just thought I would start a new one as there hasn't been much lately on any of the forums about nausea. Have gone from 90 days to 335 days now since Vanco taper ended in June 2007 and doc said I'd be fine within a few weeks.

I have tons of hilarious jokes about lawyers that I'm sure most people have and email to friends & family ... think it's time for "most" doctors to be the brunt of jokes and their "Hypocrit" oaths - ha ha. Do I sound cynical?

Sandy
Southeast Michigan

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sat May 17, 2008 1:42 am

If you are taking probiotics it could very well be the cause of your nausea. I have battled nausea now for 7 years on and off. My most recent nausea lasted non-stop for 2 weeks and the doctor said although I was not experiencing problems with Gerd that he felt that it was the cause of the nausea and increased my zantac to 300 mg per day. You know- he must have been right because it stopped within 2 days of the higher dosage. Also do you still have your gallbladder? Gallstones that are too small to cause you pain CAN and DO cause nausea in some people. I also experienced this prior to having mine removed in 2004. One thing that does help with my digestion ALOT is the only probiotic that has every helped me in any way and that is Natures Way Primadolphilus Reuteri. When taking it full time I can almost do away with the zantac. Any of the other probiotics have dealt me nothing but grief. Good luck.......nausea is horrible!
Cindy

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sat May 17, 2008 9:20 am

Cindy,
after having cdiff in march thru june probably last year! Think you know my story I have not beeen "sick" so to speak requiring an anitbitic but i have had episodes of severe chest pain think I was having the big one this is the FIRST year in mmany AFTER c diff of course i have not been ill at all bless the lord but i had to go to the ER tues night after three hours of excruciating chest pain after a brief ten minute episode the night before well long story short so far stree test on the mill revealed all is fine now I am wondering if this is my gallbladder casuing this OF COURSE i am a major worry wart getring this from my mother and naturally cdiff added to all this so i have been researching yet no doc has mentioned the possibility that these pains can be coming from the gallbladder????? This was my seventh trip to er for chest pains in ten years third stress test afterwards all showing heart OK???? so any ideas from anyne would be greatly appreciated!?!??!

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Cindy - I just answered yesterday your almost same comments under the topic Pancreas Page 2 in this forum about the gallbladder comment.

http://cdiffsupport.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 6072914618

I didn't answer about the probiotic, but I've seen you & a couple others mention P. Reuteri many times, so I bought some but haven't taken it yet. Trying to figure out how to start taking one a day - with or w/o food -time of day, etc.

I've been taking Zantac 150 twice a day for two months, but hasn't helped and gave me headaches. GI Dr. just said to try Prilosec OTC to see if it's any better for me.

Sandy
Southeast Michigan

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sat May 17, 2008 7:38 pm

I ve Been on a PPI for almost 12 years now Nexium to Prevacid now aciphex! All this after several years of OTC pepcid etc... hmmmm

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”