Anyone get an Inflamed Pancreas after C-Diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:58 pm

The Vike -

That's exactly what I told dr. about $440 bill. Now they are threatening to turn it over to collection agency. Well let them. I'm not paying for 3-5 minutes to ID that says he can't help me, that he only treats active C-Diff.

Yes I smoke. Been trying to quit, but so far have only been able to cut down probably because of nerves due to all these other problems. Really need to because I've deveoped COPD and have to use inhalers.

No I don't drink. Haven't had an Amaretto & Club Soda, or a White Russian when out somewhere in probably 6 or 7 years. Only time I drank very little was when I was very young & would go out to a club on Friday night. but only had a drink at a wedding or special occasion for the next 35 or 40 years.

Re gallbladder - attacks can mimic a heart attack even though the actual pain is in the upper right rib cage (just under the breast in women) and radiates around to the back, but the pain can feel like it is coming from everywhere in the chest sometimes. Some people can have attack and not have another one for years. I wasn't that lucky, I had 3 attacks within a month so it had to come out. Developed Peripheral Neuropathy in both legs from the IV Flagyl was given for many days for complications.

My diagnosis in ER came from Ct Scans, not ultrasound, so don't know which is better. I was also having lower right hand side abdominal pain so they first checked for appendicitis. If you do have problematic gallstones, they do it now lapriscopically with 4 tiny incisions & come home either that night or the next day. Normally can resume normal activities in 7 to 14 days depending on how fast you heal, but no lifting for 6 weeks. They Rx'd Vicodin, but I didn't take that strong stuff, just toughed it out with Extra Strength Tylenol. One thing I would recommend for anyone having gallbladder removed, is to have a recliner to sleep and rest in. Trying to pull yourself up off a bed or couch is horribly painful and awkward - that was the worst part.

Perhaps you might also see a Cardiologist. Chest pain can be caused by angina or other conditions that are very treatable. Please let us know what you find out !!!

Sandy
Southeast Michigan

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”