Chicken & Meats Raised Without Antibiotics

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

Chicken & Meats Raised Without Antibiotics

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Health food stores such as Whole Foods & Wild Oats used to be one of the few places that sold poultry & meats raised without hormones and antibiotics. Now, most major supermarkets are doing so. Tyson has an ad on TV --- "chicken raised without antibiotics."

Many growers used antibiotics & hormones to raise chicken/beef/pigs in conditions that weren't hygienic with the theory that the antibiotics kept the animals from getting infections.

Remember to cook all meat & poultry well.

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I buy Bell & Evans chicken; raised antibiotic free and it is sold at Shaw's and a local butcher shop near me. Shaw's also has a brand themselves called Wild Harvest.

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 am

The Tyson chicken you mentioned is really good according to my fiance. He buy's there chicken wings all the time and told me that they were better then the ones we get at the meat market. I have never seen the ad on tv though, we just read it on the package.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

pam2738
Regular Contributor

Postby pam2738 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:21 pm

I dont trust Tyson's at all. Can't tell you why specifically, I just don't. I don't think they're an entirely up & up company. I saw an article on them about a year ago in something like MOther Jones & ever since then they've left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended).

Pam

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”