C.Diff relapsing

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:36 pm

ms7l68,
In a way, it's good that your test was positive. Now the docs. will not doubt you. I'm impressed your doc. consulted with an ID. Let's hope the new medicine combo will work for you.

ms7168
Regular User

Postby ms7168 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks Bobbie :)

Well now I am at that point . . I finished the treatment regimen. I am back at work. So far so good. The Dr. is convinced I am cured.
I however keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Maybe it won't but we all know how cagey relapses can be so I am ever watchful for symptoms.

ms7168
Regular User

Postby ms7168 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:31 am

I cannot believe this. Or maybe I can :(

Not two hours after leaving the previous message (and mind you it's been some time since having any 'D') my guts started growling and I had three within an hour. I have some Vanco left over (that was intentional so that just in case something like this happened) so I took one and I think I will go ahead and use it today and call the Dr. and see what he thinks.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:47 pm

msl768,
Although the majority of patients do recover with one to rounds of Flagyl or Vanco., there are those who don't -- many you see on this site.

C. diff. has become more resistant. It sounds as though your doc. needs a "brush up" course on C. diff. I'm glad he consulted with an ID.

Yes, I do believe your last post. I can remember feeling great one minute, & the next hour or so would be ill again. Seems as though that is part of the wonderful world of C. diff. It is a very unpredictable disease. "The other shoe" does sometimes drop. Might just be a "bad day," however. Let's hope so.

Good luck. Keep "plugging away." You will eventually get over this. Am glad you are back at work -- will help keep your mind ocupied.

ms7168
Regular User

Postby ms7168 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:17 pm

Well interestingly Immodium seems to help this time. And jumping on it so quickly with the Vanco too. I took one and have taken more every six hours since. And the Dr. ordered another round of it.

I worked all day today with no problems.

pam2738
Regular Contributor

Postby pam2738 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:23 pm

MS7168,

If you wander around the discussions here & on the Questions about Clostridium Difficile, you will see that many of us have been fighting this thing for a long time. Some for years. I am coming up on my first year. This is not to discourage you but rather to l et you knwo that while most people DO recover in a few rounds of meds, that 20& or so do not. For those, it just takes awhile & that "awhile" can be anything!

The best advice I can give you is "be patient." Stay positive, think positive things. Watch your diet ------------ stay away from sugar for sure. I had a nutritionist who kept me away from sugar, wheat, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, red meat for almost 3/4 of a year & believe me it was hard, but cdiff ravages your GI tract & you have to treat it right to help it heal.

Good luck,

Pam

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”