Cholestyramine

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
poltroon
Regular User

Postby poltroon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:11 am

The questran did not do much for me as far as I could tell. Trying to space it out from the other meds was a huge pain. To do it I was taking one dose of something in the middle of the night. I wasn't setting an alarm, just naturally waking up at 2am anyway.

I remember that was the one thing my GI doc was really angry about, that I had these 4 doses and he wanted them breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime. What I could not explain to him was that I was going to bed immediately following dinner, and there wasn't a 4th slot.

ms7168
Regular User

Postby ms7168 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:14 am

My Dr. said that you can double up the doses and take two packets twice a day instead of one four times and that way the spacing isn't as critical. I agree it is a pain trying to space it out from the other meds.
It seems to help me by making me feel not so poisoned and it does slow down the "d" episodes.

hilldk
Regular User

questran

Postby hilldk » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 am

I started taking Questran 97 days ago after flagyl X2, months of vanco (different strengths and dosages), and finally 14 days of xifaxan. I've had a couple of bowel movements that scared me but I think now that really was somthing I ate. My doctor said I'd be on the Questran for several months. It truly has helped me live a normal life. I usually have a bowel movement within an hour of taking it and it's more normal than I've had since July of 2006 when I first started have symptoms of c-diff. I think the Questran can upset your stomach sometimes, too. I hope that after 97 days, I'm okay. I hope and pray for a cure for everyone. I know that I will fight the doctors and dentists before ever taking another antibiotic. Anyway, the questran has seemed to help me. I can actually go bicycle riding with my daughter these days. The heat bothers me, but I'm not sure if that's the Questran or my age (38) catching up with me. : )

bluemnm37
New User

Questran as well

Postby bluemnm37 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:01 pm

I have also been taking Questran...for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I honestly can't say whether it's helped a whole lot or not...I'm still having some symptoms (poss IBS?) but I've been continuing with it. It does get tricky trying to space it out between probiotics and the Coumadin I take at night, but right now I think if someone told me to dance a jig then walk backward 20 paces towards the moon at the stroke of midnight I'd try it. I found myself constantly counting the hours between doses and yogurts, and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one out there counting! :) I haven't been taking Immodium but if I understand correctly, it has helped a lot of you with post-infection symptoms? Good luck to all, I wish you all a fast recovery!
Tania

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”