Back in Hosp and Panicking

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Back in Hosp and Panicking

Postby GtrGrl » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:11 pm

I am sweating and shaking and pains are increasing, plus horrible gut noises. Had unformed bowel motion two days in a row. Do any of you think I should ask to go back on metro or does being off it two days mean it’s now too late?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:35 pm

You need to discuss this with your doctor, but probiotics give me looser stools. Maybe that is contributing if you increased the amount you are taking.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:58 am

Thanks, I’ll be calling my GP this morning as the hospital discharged me, despite how unwell I feel. Things firmed up for two days so I backed off the probiotics a bit, now I’m verging on D.

What makes it worse is that, as per the scenario you described in another post, Beth, doxy (and metro, actually) wasn’t even the right choice of drug here, as it doesn’t cover the bacteria I have. I asked them about it 4 times but they insisted! So I still have all the symptoms I went in with plus the loose stool and gut pain, and I’ll need to take more abx to deal with the original PID infection because that can’t just be left. I’d like to get off this ride now.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:01 am

I hope you get some answers. It is terrible to be in a situation where you don't feel well and also feel dismissed by your medical team. I've been there too and it really does make one anxious.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”