Relapse or PI IBS?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mrsp
Brand New Poster

Relapse or PI IBS?

Postby mrsp » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:13 pm

How do I know the difference between relapse and PI IBS? I finished vanco 3ish weeks ago. Stopped having symptoms altogether halfway through treatment and have been great since. Eating normal diet, everything well. Husband and I just traveled to Punta Cana. I did not have a BM the last four days we were there. Flew in yesterday and today I have had 3 loose-ish stools…no significant pain or urgency. No characteristic c diff smell. Could it just be from travel? I’m not sure at what point or with what particular symptoms to be concerned.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse or PI IBS?

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 am

I would give it a few days. The same thing happened to me recently with travel. When you eat different foods, etc. it can certainly trigger PI-IBS. If you get D and this continues, get in touch with your doctor. You can always test to see if you picked up some type of infection or if the c diff came back.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”