Ceftin! 7 years after!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amila
Regular User

Ceftin! 7 years after!

Postby Amila » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:56 pm

Hello to all, I have had C. DIff from the combination of Clyndamicin and Amoxcillin. I was just diagnosed with , as the doctor put it, mild cellulitis on my right breast, and prescribed Ceftin. I told her about C Diff, and she said that she hopes I would be OK 7 years after, Needless to say, I am petrified. ANy suggestion or a piece of advice is highly appreciated. The infection seems mild as of now ( I noticed 4 days ago), but I certainly do not want to make it worse by not taking anything. Has anybody taken different antibiotic for cellulitis? Thank you so much in advance, Amila.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ceftin! 7 years after!

Postby NanciT » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:24 pm

Please check with your GI if you have D and especially if it continues Get tested. Everyone is different, some take antibiotics with no issues.
There are some antibiotics that will give you D but it is NOT CDIFF.

So...get tested if there is any question

Wishing you the best!!!

NanciT

Amila
Regular User

Postby Amila » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:36 pm

Thank you for your response and advice Nancy. I think I did not write my post clearly: I wanted to say that I had had C Diff 7 years ago, from clyndamicin and amoxcillin. I have not had it since, because I was lucky enough and did not have to take antibiotics, but, now with this cellulitis diagnosis I have to take Ceftin.
I did not take the first pill of Ceftin yet, I am ready to risk and wait until Monday to see if any other less dangerous ABX can be given to me. It is scary , because cellulitis can be truly dangerous, plus it is on my breast ( actually contained on my nipple, believe it or not), but the fear of C Diff again is winning. I read here on the site that Bactrim is pretty successful for cellulitis , so I will ask for that - if I am OK or not worse by Monday morning. I do not believe this is happening, I have been running my life for 7 years now around doing everything possible to prevent the situations in which I would need antibiotics. I feel very sad tonight and very discouraged. Again, sorry for not being clear in my first post, and thank you again.

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:11 am

I don’t have anything very insightful to add, I’m afraid, just wanted to offer moral support. Totally understandable that you are terrified but try to remember you won’t definitely relapse; cross that bridge if/when. You’ve done well to avoid any infections for seven years! Wishing you well.

Amila
Regular User

Postby Amila » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:25 am

GtrGrl, thank you very much for your words of comfort. I do not want to jinx it, but nothing is getting worse, so tomorrow morning I will see my dermatologist. Did not have to take a single pill yet. By the way, if anybody treated mild cellulitis with an antibiotic which is not a high offender, I would appreciate if you can share it. Thank you all again, this Forum was a life saver for me 7 years ago, and people here, especially Admins are truly fantastic.
Amila.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:26 am

I’m over 4 yrs and have taken antibiotics out of necessity a few times. Currently on day 4 of a zpak and fared ok. Although I’ve never taken what your on. I bought and took florastor and LRheuteri and tried eating as healthy as possible and made sure the doc didn’t overprescribe. There’s all kind of papers written on how docs will prescribe 10 days for a sinus infection when in reality 5 is plenty. I’m not advocating to go against your doctors orders, but I stop when things get better.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”