Is it a relapse or a bad gut?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Cathy516
Brand New Poster

Is it a relapse or a bad gut?

Postby Cathy516 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 pm

Hello , I’m new here .. I first came down with c diff over a year and a half ago after Iv antibiotics due to my Lyme disease , I knew something was wrong being in the medical field , I literally had to go behind a Walgreens I couldn’t make it home! I honestly thought my stool would be the death of me still do. I am 34 and stil suffering, I can’t say I’ve had normal stool since , most of the time flakes or break up easily , and only dark when I stay consistent on my colon probiotic or Saccro boulardi! Long story short is now I have music diarrhea again after a bad experience with fishy sea food , but like I said my stool hasn’t seen solid sick , or very rare! 2 pcrs since negative I will drop another off tomorrow! I know everyone here has to be tired .. it’s exhausting.. do we just relapse on our own do , could I have had this whole last year just not showing up .. I’m loosing hope and feel like giving up alot!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is it a relapse or a bad gut?

Postby NanciT » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:35 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site

What type of treatment did you have and for how long? If it's been a few weeks and you continue with diarrhea, get tested.

If you are having solid stool, they will not test it. Continue with the Probiotic. The gut can take some time to heal. I added foods slowly.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”