C diff free 3 years but dr suspects bac sinus infection

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

C diff free 3 years but dr suspects bac sinus infection

Postby hledgess » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi so I’ve been free of c diff since early 2020 after eating at in laws and acquiring it from someone that had it in the last month and I got it.. took months to get over but I’ve been good until now I’ve had post nasal drip gagging me and yellow to hack out in the morning .. they are thinking a sinus infection but I don’t have the other classic signs and it’s clear the rest of the day. It is making me feel terrible and hard to work but I want them to do a test to make sure it is bacterial before I take doxycycline. I already take a probiotic.. isn’t this a less offender ? Has anyone taken this and not relapsed.. I haven’t needed An abx since I acquired my first infection in 2015 and very nervous to take this as I can’t miss work as a single mom already struggling. Would love to hear some encouraging news thanks !

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: C diff free 3 years but dr suspects bac sinus infection

Postby GtrGrl » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:57 pm

There are posts from folk who have have got away with doxycycline and I believe it’s lower down on the offender list - but think you are absolutely right to ask that they test first; this could be viral, or it could not be an infection at all, from how you’ve described it. Just a swab to make sure you know what you’re dealing with seems wise. My twopence’ worth!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: C diff free 3 years but dr suspects bac sinus infection

Postby NanciT » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:54 am

Several on the site have taken Doxy without issues. Talk with your GI and always check with what they suggest.

Hope you feel better soon!

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”