Help - Questions after Augmentin

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Vernw
New User

Help - Questions after Augmentin

Postby Vernw » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:27 pm

Hi All!

I had C. diff back in 2018 and recovered and never have gotten it again.

I was recently on Augmentin for a week 3 weeks ago (before I received my doctors approval to come off it) because on day 7, it's like the flood gates opened up. Two days worth of running to the bathroom non stop.

I got my appetite back after those two days and the stool started to form back up. I was taking 1 Florastor while on the Augmentin and then started taking Align. I'm going in the morning but it's like I have to push the stool out and it's soft but formed. It does break in the water sometimes. Mid morning sometimes I'll have the urge and I'll be able to push out some hard formed pellets (that don't break). I'm eating normally and there is no nausea or pain.

For some reason, I'm still worried...I'm hoping some of you can tell me what I'm experiencing is normal after antibiotics and that my gut bacteria is just getting back to normal and I'm not going down a path of potentially a C. diff infection.

Please tell me I'm not going nuts checking my stool in the toilet every time I go.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Help - Questions after Augmentin

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:00 am

Most people that have had c diff experience anxiety. I got very nervous after being on antibiotics as well. Since the timeline for c diff to come back can be a couple of months, I would probably continue on the probiotics if they agree with you and not worry about it. It sounds like you are doing okay and your diet is working for you.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”